Monday 21 May 2012

Ever Changing Musume

Jeez... I haven't updated since the 7th of May... Sorry.

Ugh, couldn't they have made a better official picture? Eripon has awful hair in this one...

Once again, Morning Musume are going back to their constantly changing roots.  Kamei Eri, JunJun and LinLin graduate, 9th gen join, Takahashi Ai graduates, 10th generation join, Niigaki Risa decides to leave and then Mitsui Aika suddenly joins her in graduation.

The only logical thing now would be to add a new generation, continue the flow nicely. And yes, Tsunku/UFA agree. Wonderful.

I am absolutely ecstatic about this. I was never around for the original Musume, the continuous change of young women, I was there when Kusumi Koharu graduated, when Takahashi was leader and the line-up didn't change for so, so long. This has me so excited, I will be watching out for every scrap of information I can get on the 11th gen auditions. I'm sincerely hoping that another 'older' girl will join, like Haruna. 

It would be great if the title ~Suppin Utahime~ actually matched the type of girl Tsunku-san is looking for, a fresh-faced girl with amazing vocals would be perfect and bump up Momusu's popularity again.
Man, I'm waiting for the day that Musume CRUSH AKB48, and take their true place as Leaders of the Idol world. Oh, how I can imagine Daishi killing them slowly. I mean, look at that murderous intent!
Damn Daishi, you crazy


Anyway... I think two girls would be good number, not too many, but not a disappointment like the one member generations. Two amazing singers, or at least, one very ambitious hard-worker who is good on panel/variety shows, and one amazingly talented singer who can both hit high notes and sound great with a deep, Gaki-like voice. I know I'm wishing for too much. It's hard to find someone with that much talent.

Obviously several people are not liking the idea of another generation so soon. Which, to be honest, I don't really understand, since that is the focal point of Morning Musume. I accept every change in Morning Musume, every member, no matter how annoying, or boring they may be, it will not stop me from thinking that Momusu is an outstanding group. People who claim to 'abandon' the group when big changes happen clearly don't understand this Idol group. Ugh, I'm getting off track here...

Back to the subject at hand, I would love to see Youtube sensation Cuca (3u10) get in, I have been watching her videos for maybe 2 years? She has greatly improved on dancing and singing, and would do very well in Momusu, but, she would also have a huge chance of being pushed to the back of the group - unless they realize her abilities and shove her to the front, destroying all chances of equal line distribution for everyone else - which I wouldn't enjoy.

Overall my thoughts on adding a new generation are very positive, I love seeing which girls make it through, guessing which ones will pass, hearing the talent that may or may not be added, it's thrilling getting to see a small glimpse of stardom in the futures of these girls. I can only hope that the turn out this year is a good one and maybe Tsunku won't pick a 'project' this time. It's nice to see them develop, but if he wants to get back on top again, he'll need some real natural talent.




Come back later for another post, hopefully there won't be a 2 week waiting period again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping for at least two girls too. I'm hoping they are not going into the pattern and adding a single member into the group -_-

    ReplyDelete