Wednesday 23 May 2012

Somehow, A Momusu PV Slipped Under My Radar

Either through lack of internet, being a bad Wota, or sheer blindness, I have never seen this Morning Musume PV before in my life. I have heard the song before, but somehow never did a YouTube search to find out there was a PV all along. I love seeing PVs that I have never seen before, especially when they're relatively old, you get a sense of nostalgia. The song is 'Ganbacchae!'

Around the time that Morning Musume created their 5th album, they made a Single V to sell alongside it which had a PV for both HEY! Mirai and Ganbacchae! (a song featuring Morning Musume, the already graduated Goto Maki, and H!P kids - later known as Berryz Koubou and C-ute) I had already seen HEY! Mirai long ago, so long ago it feels like decades.
I liked HEY! Mirai, it was catchy, but the close up shots were a tad boring. Ganbacchae! - which was sold alongside it - is a more mellow, cute song, but the PV is, in my opinion, much more interesting.




The song opens with the H!P kids colouring on sketchpads. They are in a garden, surrounded by bold green bits of felt grass.
When the lyrics start, it shows the children in adorable pink school outfits alongside Momusu members helping them plant trees, the Momusu girls are also wearing the same outfits as the H!P kids, but a blue version. (Maybe Ai Araba it's Alright took inspiration from these outfits?)


Throughout they PV they are going through different seasons playing and having fun, everyone in this looks so cute, I love how soft, and cuddly they all look.


I'm just going to assume this is their interpretation of Spring.

Aii~n?!


Summer, with a skipping, rather silly looking Aibon.

A rather radiant looking Tsuji, also in Summer, catching cgi butterfree..


Konno and Mako-chan fixing the tree on one particularly stormy Autumn day.


Gocchin is readying her throw, aim it at Tsunku!

Either Ai-chan really loves Winter or Tsunku just got hit in the balls.

The PV is simple and has bold colours, probably aimed at a younger crowd, I like when Momusu has the younger feel in their PVs, it actually resembles the Goto Maki single 'Te wo Nigitte Arukitai!' in colour and boldness, the outfits are quite similar too.
See?!

My favourite shots are when it shows all of the girls at the microphone, I like being able to see what they look like standing and recording, it makes them seem more 'real'.


Chibiiiiiii

Smilie fayshes

Yossie looks like she is having a profound moment.

MOAR CHIBEH

Gaki gots an epic voice right here, gurrl be amazing.

There was a relatively pretty sequence of childish drawings and then a wall full of the kiddies pictures, 'twas nice.
See, they're nice.

Everyone sounded great in this single, in my opinion the most prominent voice was Niigaki's at such a young age you could already hear the deepness, maturity, and talent in her voice, it's wonderful to see someone so youthful with an amazing voice. She should have got more lines.

Like most Morning Musume singles this one is about love, and trying your best at love and life. This is such a recurring theme in H!P, especially at the time that this was created. Kei, Iida, Abe and Yossie had the most lines - but barely, it is a pretty evenly distributed song, which is always a plus. I'm so glad it wasn't a Abe x Goto featruing: Momusu, because that would've sucked hard.

I'm quite sad that I had missed this single for all these years of loving Momusu, it's really strange how I hadn't come across it at all before. But I'm also glad I could find it now that I have a blog, it at least gives me something else to talk about. Who knows, maybe a few of you guys hadn't seen it either, and now you can witness the adorafluffleness of it all.


Here's the PV! Enjoy!


And here's the Subbed version!

No comments:

Post a Comment